Land Preservation Project Manager, Neighborhood Gardens Trust
Posted by Pennsylvania Horticultural Society on February 19, 2018
The Neighborhood Gardens Trust is seeking a project manager to support its work to protect and preserve community-managed open spaces in the city Philadelphia. The Land Preservation Project Manager will drive the land assembly process for existing community gardens that are at-risk because of insecure land tenure.
- Reports to NGT Executive Director.
- Works in conjunction with the NGT Property and Open Space committee to expand NGT’s citywide network of protected community gardeners though land acquisition, leases, and conservation easements.
- Manages garden application intake and coordinates due diligence process.
- Fulfills land acquisition, leasing and easement acquisition project requirements.
- Drives the garden preservation process for over 20 at-risk open spaces.
- Maintains data on land assembly for all preservation pipeline gardens ensuring all requisite information is entered, updated, and maintained in NGT’s databases, including deeds, lease agreements, real estate transaction updates, and critical dates.
- Maintains effective working relationships with wide range of property owners, nonprofit, community stakeholders and elected officials.
- Troubleshoots property- related issues with Departments of Revenue, Office of Licenses and Inspections, and other city agencies.
- Prepares and administers grants for land acquisition.
- Works independently and collaboratively.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years’ work experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in the real estate or community development industry.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in improving quality of life in urban communities, gardening/ greening, and open space protection.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel to locations citywide.
- Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
- Homeowner Services Intake Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 11
- Individual Giving Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.