K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award
Call for Nominations – The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award
Deadline for receipt of materials: October 1, 2015
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award recognizes graduate students who show exemplary promise as future leaders of higher education; who demonstrate a commitment to developing academic and civic responsibility in themselves and others; and whose work reflects a strong emphasis on teaching and learning.
The award honors the work of K. Patricia Cross, Professor Emerita of Higher Education at the University of California, Berkeley.
Please go to the K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders page for complete information.
All doctoral level graduate students who are planning a career in higher education are eligible, regardless of academic department. Graduate students in fields where the Master’s degree is the terminal degree, such as the MFA in art, are also eligible. (Nominees must hold student status in January 2016.)
Applicants must demonstrate:
1. Leadership ability or potential for exercising leadership in teaching and learning,
with a strong commitment to academic and civic responsibility; and
2. Leadership or potential leadership in the development of others as leaders,
scholars, and citizens.
A faculty member or administrator must nominate the student, with a supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator. The following materials must be submitted for an application to be considered:
1. a nomination letter from a faculty member or administrator;
2. a supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator;
3. a statement from the student indicating how he or she meets the award criteria;
4. a copy of the student’s curriculum vitae.
Nominations can be submitted anytime, but no later than October 1, 2015. Nominees must also complete an online form with all contact information. Only complete nominations will be considered.
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award provides financial support for graduate students to attend AAC&U’s 2016 Annual Meeting, which will be held in Washington, DC, January 20-23, 2016. All award recipients are required to attend the conference.
The award includes travel, lodging, conference registration, and a one-year affiliation with AAC&U, including subscriptions to all AAC&U periodicals.
The awards will be announced in December 2015, and recognized at AAC&U’s Annual Meeting in January.
Please contact Suzanne Hyers at email@example.com or 202.387.3760 with any questions.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Virtual Event: Launching Urban’s Financial Well-Being Data Hub: A New Approach to Improving Financial Security and Advancing Equity – Feb 21
- 2023 Spring Community of Practice, Campus Compact – Feb 13
- Webinar: Transformative Project-based, Integrative Global Learning x STEM – Feb 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.