K-8th Grade UACS Afterschool Instructor, Netter Center for Community Partnerships
Posted by University of Pennsylvania on September 5, 2016
University-Assisted Community Schools
2016-17 K-8th Grade UACS Afterschool Instructor
The University of Pennsylvania’s Netter Center for Community Partnerships University-Assisted Community Schools programming (UACS), creates mutually beneficial partnerships between community stakeholders and Penn partners to implement inquiry-based learning in-school and afterschool programming in select West Philadelphia public schools. We work to create learning experiences for youth that are enriching, fun and academically beneficial. UACS Afterschool Instructors provide enthusiastic and educational direct service to students, participate in planning activities, assists with management of necessary paperwork such as taking attendance and reports to the UACS Coordinator or Site Director of their designated program site.
• Education: High school degree required, College degree preferred
• Experience: 1-2 years working with elementary and middle school aged youth
• Knowledge of youth development and youth work best practices
• Completion and passing of all Federal and State background checks/clearances
• Experience with urban settings and diverse populations
• Experience working in afterschool and/or summer camp environment
• Excellent skills with Microsoft office suite and experience with database entry
• Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
• BE POSITIVE, PHYSICALLY ENGAGED, HIGH ENERGY AND FUN!!
• Assist with recruitment and enrollment of students into the program
• Ensure that children are safe at all times
• Plan activities with other staff
• Attendance at all UACS staff trainings and meetings is required
• Lead planning activities with students
• Take attendance, assist with the sign in/sign out process, and manage required paperwork as directed
• Assist with set-up and clean-up of materials and equipment including preparing and securing instructional spaces (classrooms etc.)
• Supervise and direct children according to school site and UACS rules and guidance
• Modify curricula to meet academic and recreational enrichment program goals as needed
• Be familiar with and strive to be in compliance with the Netter Center and School Dist. Of Phila. Core Standards for Youth Programs
• Collaborate with other programs to ensure best program practices and sharing of resources
• Other duties as assigned
Average of 20 hours/week Monday – Friday from 2:00pm – 6:00pm | Compensation: Up to $15 per hour
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to NetterCenterJobs@gmail.com (please enter: K-8th Staff in subject line of email). If you have a specialty enrichment skill, such as youth dance, youth fitness, and music production that you’d like to teach in our afterschool programs, please include this in your cover letter.
- Case Mangers, Cambodian Association of Greater Phila.
- Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives, Elevate 215
- Building Youth Civic Power – Fellowship Program
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.