K-16 Partnerships Network Meeting: College Access Networks
Posted by PHENND on October 24, 2016
The next K-16 University Partners Meeting will be Thursday, December 8th 3:00 – 4:30 PM at the School District of Philadelphia (440 N. Broad St.), Room 1075. This meeting will focus on K-16 partnerships supporting college access networks.
- Nyeema Watson, PhD, Associate Chancellor for Civic Engagement, Rutgers-Camden University, will discuss the work of the Camden College Access Network (CCAN), a collaboration with the Camden City Public Schools and the higher education institutions in the City of Camden (Rutgers-Camden, Rowan University, and Camden County Community College). CCAN is charged with creating educational pathways to increase the number of underrepresented students in and around the city of Camden who apply, enroll and successfully complete post-secondary education. We will discuss how CCAN navigated relationships with school guidance counselors, and is sharing data on college readiness activities. Click here to view the presentation: CCAN Presentation
- JeNell LaRue, Assistant Director for GEAR UP College Readiness Collaborative Communities (CRCC) Project at the School District of Philadelphia. The GEAR UP CRCC Project currently serves 42 middle schools and 12 public high schools. Through partners with colleges and universities, local organizations and nationally renowned education companies, GEAR UP CRCC works to increase the capacity of schools to address the needs of students to receive college and career readiness preparation.
Who should attend?
- University faculty, staff and students who work with or are interested in working in college access/readiness or in how to form cross-sector collaborations.
- Non-profits and community-based organizations with programs focused on college access and readiness or who are interested in partnerships with colleges, universities or K-12 schools.
- K-12 teachers, administrators and staff interested in college access/readiness
Please RSVP here: http://tiny.cc/collegeaccessnetworks
PHENND K-16 Partnership Network Meetings bring together university, nonprofit, and school-based practitioners around common themes. Attendees will have the chance to ask questions of presenters, network with peers and obtain concrete information on how to connect with the School District of Philadelphia and schools in general. The three main goals for K-16 University Partners meetings are:
- provide practitioners with “take aways” (e.g. ideas you can adapt for use in your own programs)
- exposure to new and innovative programs and practices
- introduction to key School District personnel and strategies
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Recordings and Slides: Climate Collaborative Boot Camp
- Climate Collaborative of Greater Phila. Virtual Boot Camp – May 5&12
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Info Session – May 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.