Journal of College and Character – Seeking Input from Campuses and Communities
Posted by Journal of College and Character on November 6, 2018
Message from Barbara Jacoby (firstname.lastname@example.org or bgjacoby @ gmail.com):
I have just accepted the position of Contributing Editor for Civic Engagement for the Journal of College and Character. I plan to focus my first article on the arts and civic engagement/activism/community engagement. I am defining arts very broadly, to include craft, culinary arts, dance, design, architecture, film and other media, folk and traditional arts, literature, music, visual arts, theater and other forms of performance.
I would like to highlight examples of outstanding work at your campuses and communities in this regard. I am seeking examples including but certainly not limited to:
- Art as activism
- Providing opportunities for student voice through the arts
- Engaged artistic practices
- The arts as a means of increasing awareness of social issues and civic engagement of audience/viewers
- Public art, public spaces, and place-making through the arts
- The arts and community development
- Preparing students for civic and community-based careers in the arts
- Supporting student civic/community engagement through the arts.
I will surely acknowledge examples used. Also, any research or other information on these and related topics would be most appreciated. Thank you!
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Virtual Tech Talk Tuesday: Celebrating Black History Month – Feb 27
- Webinar: Energy Efficiency First: Preparing your Nonprofit for Solar – Feb 27
- Webinar: Building the Foundation for your 2026 Carnegie Application – Mar 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.