Join the Young Adult Leadership Committee
The Philadelphia Office of Homeless Services is recruiting college students who have experienced homelessness for their Young Adult Leadership Committee (YALC). If you are working with or know a student who would be a good candidate for this, to lend their voice to policymaking, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Are We?
We are young adults with experience with homelessness who advise on ways to make the homeless system better for youth. Our committee is part of the Office of Homeless Services’ Continuum of Care Board.
What We Do:
- Elevate the voices of youth with lived experience in order to end youth homelessness
- Advocate for a more youth-friendly system
- Ensure youth input is considered during program and policy-making
- $15 per hour for any events attended or work done
- Childcare is offered during YALC-related meetings and activities
- Transportation provided
- Team building/networking
- Have your voice heard!
- Be between the ages of 18-24
- Preferably have lived experience with homelessness
- Attend bi-weekly meetings and engage in activities
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Event: Social Emotional Safety Net: SEL Practices for the Black School Community – Feb 1
- AmeriCorps 2022 Summer Associate Positions
- Online Event: Unpacking the “Critical” in Reflection: Key Concepts and Good Practices – Feb 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.