Job Opportunity: Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition Director
Posted by on July 12, 2002
Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition
Director, Community and Economic Development
June 27, 2001
GPUAC is a non-profit organization that brings together business and community leaders to solve urban problems, operates programs, and supports an array of government and private sector-sponsored initiatives to help the disadvantaged and working poor of the Philadelphia region.
GPUAC’s Committee for Community and Economic Development (CED) is a public policy committee whose current initiatives include combating predatory lending, developing new home improvement loan programs and increasing financial literacy in the Greater Philadelphia region. Emerging initiatives include leadership in several asset-building campaigns. Future initiatives may include developing new resources for small businesses. In addition to active project committees, CED has a standing sub-committee, the Delaware Valley Housing Partnership (DVHP), which promotes collaborative lending programs between communities and local banks.
* Direct Community and Economic Development Division, reporting directly to and advising GPUAC’s President
* Staff CED committee and sub-committees, reporting to committee co-chairs and maintaining ongoing and timely communications with sub-committee chairs and other committee members
* Manage and expand current financial education and home improvement loan projects
* Play leadership role in GPUAC’s new asset building campaigns
* Hire and supervise Division staff
* Prepare and assume responsibility for annual Division budget
* Raise funds to maintain and expand Division, including developing relationships with funders, writing proposals
* Serve as GPUAC’s primary liaison with regional community development and community reinvestment leaders
* Leadership and team building ability and experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills, especially with diverse populations.
* Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
* Strategic thinking.
* Superior organizational skills and experience in managing multiple projects.
* Strong experience with for-profit, non-profit and public sectors.
* Experience in community reinvestment and community development.
* Familiarity with Philadelphia-area community development issues.
* Graduate degree and ten years leadership experience in relevant field.
* Enthusiasm for developing solutions for problems confronting lower income households and communities.
All inquiries and applications will be kept strictly confidential.
Start Date: August 12th
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Executive Director, GPUAC, 1207 Chestnut Street, 7th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Address inquiries to:
Andy Frishkoff, 215-851-1738 ? phone; email@example.com – email
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENT.
Closing Date: When position is filled
GPUAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Group Sales Associate, National Constitution Center
- Accounting Clerk, National Constitution Center
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.