Job Developer, Nueva Esperanza
Posted by Nueva Esperanza on November 3, 2014
Esperanza has an immediate full-time opening for a Job Developer who will provide job placement services for participants of Esperanza’s EARN Center. Esperanza is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to raising awareness and identifying resources that strengthen the Hispanic community.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of job placements for all participants of Esperanza’s EARN Center.
- Visit and screen individual employers, develops specific work orders for each employer, and ensure that there are adequate jobs for all work ready job candidates.
- Generate a constant pool of job orders into which job candidates can be placed.
- Collaborate with other EARN Center staff to learn about job candidate skills or special needs that may be relevant in developing and securing job placements.
- Maintain accurate employer profiles and job order listings.
- Ensure that job orders are filled in a timely and effective manner.
- Attend and participate in all staff and team meetings.
- Prepare for and conduct quarterly presentation regarding placement status, progress, and strategy to comply with performance goals.
- Organize job fairs and employer visits; assist with Job Club, and other activities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study is preferred.
- Prior sales, marketing, employment counseling or job development experience.
- Knowledge of/experience navigating Philadelphia workforce development and social service systems.
- Knowledge of employment services, job development strategies and labor market trends in a range of occupational fields (professional, skilled, semi-skilled and industrial).
- Ability to outreach, network, and market participants and program.
- Ability to motivate participants toward full-time, entry-level employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and other widely utilized software applications.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Esperanza offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program. Salary range is competitive based on experience. Our office is located at: 4261 North 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19140.
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.