Job Corps Info Sessions
Posted by Bucks County Center for Young Professionals on July 25, 2016
I would like to share some exciting new. Job Corps will be conducting information Sessions at the Center for Young Professionals at the PA CareerLink Bucks County, 1260 Veterans Highway, Bristol PA on:
- Wednesday, August 10th at 10 AM
- Wednesday, September 14th at 10 AM
- Wednesday, October 12th at 10 AM
Job Corps offers hands-on career training and education, serves young adults ages 16 through 24, has 125 centers across the nation, is free to eligible young people and helps individuals change their life.
Job Corps offers hands on training in:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Automotive and Machine Repair
- Finance and Business
- Health Care
- Homeland Security
- Information Technology
- Renewable Resources and Energy
- Retail Sales and Service Transportation
Job Corps students can take their basic training to the next level by applying for one of Job Corps’ Advanced Training programs after completing initial career training.
Need to finish your education? Job Corps offers classroom and online high school diploma and high school equivalency credential programs. Additionally, many centers partner with community colleges so individuals can take college classes while living at Job Corps.
To register for a Job Corps information session, contact Terece Gamella at 215-781-1073 ext 2210.
Please feel free to disseminate to your youth network.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Training: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies – Sep 10 or 14
- Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Sep-Oct
- Tech Workshop for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Aug 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.