IT Support Specialist, Center for Literacy
Posted by on February 6, 2004
[posted to CTCNet-Phil listserv 1/30/2004]
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the primary responsibility of this position to insure that all IT functions at CFL are available for the smooth operation of this agency. This is a key position responsible for the efficient operation of all CFL Information Technology needs (including telecommunications, computer hardware and software, printers/copiers/fax machines, Intranet/Internet, virus and data security protection). As such, this position will serve as the ?First Point of Contact? for employees seeking hardware or software support.
DUTIES: The following list details some but not all of the duties of this position:
1. Install, diagnose and resolve hardware, operating system, driver and software application problems that affect PC, LAN and intranet/Internet system operations (including but not limited to these existing software packages: Paradigm, Blackbaud Financial Edge, Edata and the CFL Student Database, and ADP Payroll)
2. Complete PC/LAN hardware and software installation and relocation activities as required.
3. Add, change, delete or reset user access to business applications and systems. Insure all applications are working and available for employee use.
4. Provide assistance and instruction to users on efficient use of business applications.
5. Provide direction and support to the Data Entry Department.
6. Participate in CFL IT planning teams.
SKILLS: A broad knowledge of a technical work-field applicable to duties such as network administrator, operating systems, client/server configuration and application security is necessary. Other requirements include the ability to present complex information in a simple manner, write with clarity and precision, prepare manuals, proposals and documentation with little or not supervision.
1. Must have strong customer support/service skills.
2. Strong written and oral communications.
3. Must be skilled in the use of troubleshooting techniques.
4. Ability to adapt to changing technologies and work situations in a professional manner.
5. Must be organized.
6. Must be able to handle interruptions, set priorities and meet deadlines.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Exchange and Outlook.
8. Broad understanding of PC/LAN concepts including basic administration of Windows 2000, Windows XP and NT servers.
9. Hands on working knowledge of PC workstation components and drivers in a network and stand-alone environment.
10. Working knowledge of PC hardware and workstation components and Virus protection in a managed environment.
1. Associates degree in Computer Science or two years related work experience in the Information Technology field and/or Microsoft Certification
2. Requires knowledge of PC/LAN troubleshooting protocols and methodologies.
3. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure
4. Must be service-oriented.
5. Travel between CFL sites is required.
To apply, submit your resume via fax at 215-472-7290 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- External Evaluator, Philadelphia Education Fund – Jun 26
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Member Development Coordinator – Jun 19
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator – Jun 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.