Internship, Mayor’s Office of Communications
Posted by on August 10, 2009
City Hall, Room 216, Mayor’s Office of Communications
The Mayor’s Office of Communications is currently offering an internship opportunity to a junior or senior college student who can commit 10 hours per week to the position. Those majoring in communications- based fields of study such as journalism and/or public relations or government studies are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities include collecting and organizing media clips (electronic, print, television), updating and maintaining administrative databases, answering phones, writing talking points and assisting staff with general office duties. This excellent opportunity will provide valuable insight into the day-to-day interactions of Philadelphia City Government with members of the media and community.
1. Candidate must be team-oriented, able to multi-task, pro-active and creative.
2. Candidate must have excellent writing skills and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel). Knowledge of Lotus notes preferred, but not required.
3. Candidate must have excellent customer service and phone skills.
How to Apply:
Email resume and three writing samples to [email protected]
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers needed, Philly Reading Coaches
- Requesting Participants: Workforce & Internship Opportunities Fair – Dec 6
- Recruiting STEM Volunteers: Philadelphia Afterschool STEM Exploration (PASE)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.