Internship for College Students, Bethany Christian Services
Bethany is changing the world through family! We are looking for interns who want to gain experience in interactions with and alongside faith groups and organizations, community support groups, people with different experiences, and backgrounds. Today, Bethany is an international nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them.
Our refugee resettlement department works with individuals and families who have fled their homes in search of safety. Some tasks you can expect to be involved in include:
- Assisting with setting up apartments
- Greeting new families at the airport
- Providing bus trainings for families on how to use public transportation
- Assisting families in applying for public benefits, internet, and other programs as eligible
- Accompanying families to school enrollment appointments and school tours
- Teaching cultural orientation sessions on important topics such as Budgeting, US Laws, Education, or Health.
- Assisting with paperwork including AR-11s, change of address forms, and other required documentation.
- Completing case notes to record interactions with clients.
Due to the broad range of work that we do, there is the possibility of customizing your internship to fit your educational needs. However, it is important to note that this internship requires a high level of flexibility- your tasks will likely change day-to-day and emergency situations may require the plan to change last minute. The hands-on nature of the internship offers a great chance to build skills that apply to numerous fields.
Interested applicants for the Greater Detolaware Valley Branch (Allentown and Philadelphia) should send a cover letter and resume to Danielle Bossert, State Director, at email@example.com. Internships with Bethany are unpaid. We are able to work with you and your school to help facilitate school credits for the internship as needed.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Dissertation Dish: Engaging Feminism, Transforming Institutions – Jun 28
- Pride Month Event and Resources for Students and Teachers – Jun 2
- Virtual Event: Charting a New Future for Early Childhood Leadership – Jun 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.