International Day of Monuments and Sites – Apr 18
Posted by Global Philadelphia Association on March 29, 2022
Quickly approaching its 40-year anniversary, the International Day of Monuments and Sites will be celebrated all over the world as a way to honor heritage, diversity, community, and the environment.
We are celebrating the National Historic Landmarks in Philadelphia by promoting special programming and discounts on April 18th and throughout the week.
In the same breath, it is also a call to action to prioritize and address climate justice in an increasingly delicate global ecosystem. According to the council, this year’s theme, Heritage and Climate, will champion “inclusive, transformative and just climate action.” Building upon past themes and celebrations, this day will help chart the beginning of a more sustainable future. While thinking about this year’s theme, incorporating the United Nation’s 16 Sustainable Development Goals into the celebration opens dialogue to ask questions like:
- How can cultural heritage conservation drive climate action?
- What are the risks and responses to Climate Justice and Equity?
- What actions are ICOMOS National Committee, International Scientific Committees, Working Groups, and Task Forces taking in response to the increasing risks and impacts of climate change?
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Not Paved For Us: Black Educators and Public School Reform in Philadelphia – Sep 28
- How to Get the Most out of College – Oct 15
- Power, Truth, and Courage: Anita Hill and the Evolving Workplace – Oct 3
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.