Intern needed, Keep Philadelphia Beautiful
Posted by Keep Philadelphia Beautiful on January 30, 2017
About Keep Philadelphia Beautiful
Keep Philadelphia Beautiful convenes, equips and empowers people to use community beautification to achieve vibrant neighborhoods. We collaborate, educate and provide resources to ignite collective action and neighborhood pride. Read our 2015 annual report here.
Founded by the City of Philadelphia in 1985, KPB is dedicated to litter abatement and prevention, recycling education and promotion, and waste reduction. We partner with City agencies and the School District of Philadelphia, businesses, neighborhood leaders, school communities, and residents to work towards our vision of a cleaner and greener Philadelphia.
Communications & Development Intern: Job Duties
Assist Executive Director and Education & Events Staff with:
● Creating and executing monthly communications calendar utilizing the following platforms:
○ Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
● Assist in crafting and distributing newsletters and media releases, as well as research and identify potential PR opportunities
● Fundraising duties, in conjunction with the goals of Keep Philadelphia Beautiful’s Development Committee. This includes, but is not limited to:
○ Grant research
○ Research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries
○ Draft language for fundraising collateral and grant applications
● Other tasks as assigned
● A Philadelphia, public service, and sustainability nerd (like us!)
● An eager self-starter
Why This Internship Is For You
● You want a front seat in learning more about the sustainability work being done by government, non-profit, and community based organizations in Philadelphia
● You are eager to build your network in the Philadelphia social sector, and meet wonderful people at a wide variety of organizations that can help you take your next professional step
● You have a talent for crafting and sharing a compelling message, and want to use those skills to advance good work and an impactful mission
● You are curious to learn how a nonprofit organization is run, from the inside
● You enjoy autonomy and responsibility, and seeing the fruits of your labors as you take a project from start to finish!
● Ideal start date: March 2017
● Office location: 230 South Broad Street, 17th Floor (Industrious)
● 10 to 15 hours a week, including some weekends and evenings for events
This is an unpaid position. Ideally this internship will be eligible for course credit as part of a structured university program.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, & Publisher helpful)
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work independently and as a part of team in a fast-paced environment
● Basic understanding of photo editing and social media
● Possess a positive and energetic attitude
We Want to Hear From You!
Please send a resume and cover letter to our Executive Director, Michelle Feldman, at email@example.com by February 17, 2017.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, Phila. Youth Football Academy
- Call for Volunteers: Greater & Green Conference – Jun 18-20
- Volunteers Needed to Drive Food, Puentes de Salud
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.