Integrate Social & Emotional Learning in Afterschool
Posted by Afterschool Alliance on July 16, 2018
Afterschool Webinar: Learning from Successful Efforts to Integrate Social & Emotional Learning in Afterschool
Tuesday, July 24 at noon ET
Over the years, there has been an increasing recognition of the critical nature of social and emotional learning. From helping children and youth develop positive relationships to landing their first job, social and emotional skills and competencies are supporting success in school, work, and life.
Together with the National League of Cities (NLC), the Afterschool Alliance is co-hosting this webinar to discuss the value of social and emotional learning and looking at how afterschool programs are intentionally building their students’ social and emotional skills. We’ll also be examining how cities are recognizing social and emotional learning as a priority for supporting successful citizens, and the role that afterschool and summer learning programs can play in building a future workforce. “Social and Emotional Learning in Out-of-School time Settings,” commissioned by The Wallace Foundation, and new Afterschool Alliance and NLC briefs will also be shared in this webinar to provide a helpful framework and practical tools for those interested in learning more.
Join us for a conversation with The Possibility Project and Girls on the Run to hear how they have implemented social and emotional learning in their programs, as well as a city leader from the City of Denver’s Office of Children’s Affairs, who will share how their 13+ year citywide afterschool system is now integrating social emotional learning as an essential element of the Denver Afterschool Alliance’s strategy.
- Paul G. Griffin, Founder & President, The Possibility Project
- Allison Riley, PhD, MSW, Senior Vice President, Programming and Evaluation, Girls on the Run
- Maxine Quintana, Director of Afterschool Initiatives, Office of Children’s Affairs, City of Denver, CO
- Bela Shah Spooner, Manager, Expanded Learning, Institute for Youth, Education, and Families, National League of Cities
- Nikki Yamashiro, Director of Research, Afterschool Alliance
More in "Miscellaneous"
- School Museums of Service and Service-Learning Visioning Session – Feb 16
- Youth Development Workforce Survey
- Philadelphia Cable Television Survey
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.