Instructor(s) Needed, Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Job Description: INSTRUCTOR(S) NEEDED
Last day to apply: January 29, 2015
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking Instructor(s). The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Instructor uses best practice models to plan and lead instruction during out of school time programming for up to 4 hours per week of instruction and up to 2 hours prep time included. Instructors are needed in the following areas: Technology, Math, Literacy, Science and Art. Programming is scheduled Mondays- Fridays, between the hours of 4pm-6pm weekly with small groups of approximately 15-20 children.
• Develop & implement age-appropriate, engaging curriculum for instruction to kids in grades K-5 that is responsive to their needs and the program’s mission
• Create lesson plans leading to increase in student comprehension and skills
• Teach creative, practical and interactive lessons resulting in students increasing in knowledge and in skills
• Work one-on-one and/or in small groups with students needing extra help
• Ability to work cooperatively with parents, high school volunteers, and staff
• Implement positive discipline and classroom management structure for program
• Provide copies of curriculum/lesson plans to 21st CCLC Out of School Coordinator
• Follow up on each students progress using dashboard and/or Evaluators report with intent on improving academic outcomes and student growth
A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
Bachelor degree in Education or related field and two (2) years’ experience teaching. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Provide current clearances (FBI, child abuse and criminal) upon employment.
Salary range is $15-20/hr and commensurate with experience and certification.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to:
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.