Institutional Relations Manager, MANNA
Posted by MANNA on June 4, 2018
MANNA seeks a full-time staff member with a talent and passion for writing and donor strategy to lead all fundraising activities related to foundation and corporate grants. The Institutional Relations Manager plays a critical role in the organization’s ongoing efforts to nurture and deepen relationships with current funders, diversify funding streams by building new relationships, and optimize growth opportunities. The position serves as a bridge between MANNA and its funders – both current and prospective – to identify common priority areas, emerging trends, and opportunities to support program development and enhancement. The ideal candidate will be happy participating in both strategic, big-picture conversations, as well as delving into the details to help the team take on a new prospect or implement a new system. The successful candidate will join the organization in an exciting and demanding period of growth and change. MANNA recently completed a capital campaign and relocated to a state-of-the-art facility overlooking the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. In addition, over the past three years, the agency’s budget has almost doubled with significant growth in its services. Institutional funding represents a significant portion of MANNA’s revenues with potential for greater impact as the agency grows.
- Grow institutional funding base by identifying and cultivating a pipeline of new prospects, and developing strategies for engagement including research of organizational connections and cross-department collaboration
- Develop and implement stewardship plan for existing institutional funders, including a segmented communications calendar and increased site visits, with the goal of strengthening relationships and increasing giving
- Represent MANNA at outreach and networking events to build the agency’s prospect network
- Research and develop new funding opportunities to support emerging initiatives at MANNA
- Set annual institutional fundraising goals, forecast & track revenue, monitor deadline calendar, and develop and track grant budget with support from full-time grant writer
- Craft high level proposals for special projects and initiatives
- Serve as hub for ongoing internal dissemination of MANNA outcomes including maintaining an ongoing ‘fact sheet’ distributed to board and staff on a monthly basis
- Work closely with staff around outcomes strategies. This includes determining data that are most impactful for external stakeholders and analysis for potential new grant opportunities.
- Collaborate with communications colleagues to develop materials and contribute to efforts to elevate MANNA’s public profile
- Supervise full-time Grant Writer, facilitating their professional growth and reviewing grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Other duties as required
- Proven track record of successful relationship management, effective process development, and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop clear and convincing presentation materials
- Equal comfort with and willingness to take on high-level conceptual work and to engage at a granular level to help the team innovate systems and workflows to effectively manage new funding relationships
- Knowledge of the nutrition and health fields including major funders and peer organizations within the Philadelphia region preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building qualities
- Ability to work independently with limited structural support
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Salesforce or donor database preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience, including at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in a relationship management role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Case Mangers, Cambodian Association of Greater Phila.
- Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives, Elevate 215
- Building Youth Civic Power – Fellowship Program
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.