Institutional Relations Manager, MANNA
Posted by MANNA on September 27, 2022
MANNA is a nonprofit organization in Philadelphia providing nutrition services to improve health for people with serious illnesses who need nourishment to heal. By providing medically tailored meals and nutrition education, we empower people to improve their health and quality of life.
MANNA seeks a full-time staff member with a talent and passion for writing and donor strategy to lead all fundraising activities related to foundation and corporate grants. The Institutional Relations Manager plays a critical role in the organization’s ongoing efforts to nurture and deepen relationships with current funders, diversify funding streams by building new relationships, and optimize growth opportunities. The position serves as a bridge between MANNA and its funders – both current and prospective – to identify common priority areas, emerging trends, and opportunities to support program development and enhancement. The ideal candidate will be happy participating in both strategic, big-picture conversations, as well as delving into the details to help the team take on a new prospect or implement a new system. The successful candidate will join the organization in an exciting and demanding period of growth and change. MANNA was recently awarded a Growth Grant from The Pew Charitable Trusts and has completed a comprehensive strategic business planning process. The Institutional Relations Manager will help raise funds to support the goals outlined in the business plan.
- Write all grants and reports including annual ‘boilerplate’ proposal that serves as a springboard for multiple proposals, as well as high-level, project-specific proposals for corporations and foundations
- Grow institutional funding base by identifying and cultivating a pipeline of new prospects, and developing strategies for engagement including research of organizational connections and cross-department collaboration
- Develop and implement stewardship plan for existing institutional funders, including a segmented communications calendar and increased site visits, with the goal of strengthening relationships and increasing giving
- Represent MANNA at outreach and networking events to build the agency’s prospect network
- Research and develop new funding opportunities to support emerging initiatives at MANNA
- Work with Director of Policy & Institutional Affairs to set annual institutional fundraising goals, forecast & track revenue, monitor deadline calendar, and develop and track grant budget
- Serve as hub for ongoing internal dissemination of MANNA outcomes including an annual Year In Review
- Work closely with staff around outcomes strategies. This includes determining data that are most impactful for external stakeholders and analysis for potential new grant opportunities.
- Support the efforts of the fundraising department as a whole, including conducting joint projects with colleagues
- Other duties as required
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.