Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service
Posted by on October 20, 2008
INSTITUTE ON PHILANTHROPY AND VOLUNTARY SERVICE
This summer: June 6 – August 1, 2009
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
*** EARLY DEADLINE: DECEMBER 5***
*** PRIORITY CONSIDERATION AND TUITION DISCOUNT GIVEN TO EARLY DEADLINE APPLICANTS***
Scholarship applications are now being accepted for the Summer 2009 Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service, a nonprofit internship and academic program for undergraduate students.
The Institute is ideal for undergraduate student leaders who are engaged in service programs on and off their campuses. All majors and fields of study are welcome. As part of the Institute experience, students will attend exclusive events and participate in hands-on activities including developing a mission statement, planning service projects and organizing fundraising activities.
This face-paced Institute offers a combination of professional experience, academic courses and leadership development activities including:
* Nonprofit Internships – Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations
* Classes – Up to 9 credit hours from Georgetown University
* Housing – Furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
* Service – Variety of hands-on community projects
* Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top nonprofit executives and scholars
* Leadership Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
* Scholarships – Over half of all students receive full or partial funding
* Networking – With hundreds of other top student and nonprofit leaders from around the world
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until March 5, 2009. Applicants completing their application by the early deadline of December 5, 2008 will receive a 5% discount on their tuition balance as well as priority consideration.
For more information or to start an online application, please visit the website at http://www.dcinternships.org/ipvs.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Emily Hill, IPVS Coordinator, by phone at 1-800-741-6964 or via email at IPVS@tfas.org.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Precarious Professionals: The Reasons for and Impact of Contingency Staffing on Personnel, Programs and Policies in Human Service Organizations – Nov 18
- Privilege and Punishment in an Era of Mass Incarceration – Nov 4
- Protecting Your Business’s Intellectual Property (NDAs & Trade Secrets) – Nov 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.