Institute on Global Service-Learning
Posted by on January 25, 2010
SAVE THE DATE! Institute on Global Service-Learning
Thursday, March 25 – Friday, March 26, 2010
Cornell University, Industrial Labor Relations Conference Center
The Institute on Global Service Learning offers faculty, administrators and practitioners a unique opportunity to learn about global service-learning pedagogy, theory, program models, institutional support and scholarship. The Institute seeks to foster greater collaboration and dialogue among participants who are interested in advancing global service-learning theory and practice.
* Allen Bova, former President of the University Risk Management and Insurance Association, Director of Risk Management, Cornell University;
* Dr. Jeff Chusid, Associate Professor, City and Regional Planning, MOAPP-India Program, Cornell University;
* Marcia Eames-Sheavly, Kaplan Family Distinguished Faculty Fellow in Service-Learning, Horticulture, Belize Global Service-Learning, Cornell University;
* Dr. Jane Edwards, Associate Dean of International Affairs, Yale University;
* Dr. Julie Hatcher, Co-Editor of upcoming research volume: Research Perspectives on International Service-Learning Volume I, Stylus, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis;
* Dr. Kevin Mahoney, Associate Professor, Composition and Rhetoric, Kutztown University;
* Jeanne Moseley, Global Health Program, Cornell University;
* Dr. Richard Kiely, John Glenn Scholar in Service-Learning, Cornell University;
* Dr. Alicia Swords, Assistant Professor, Sociology, Dominican Republic – Global Service-Learning, Ithaca College;
* Dr. Humphrey Tonkin, University Professor of the Humanities and President Emeritus, University of Hartford;
* Dr. Monroe Weber-Shirk, Civil and Environmental Engineer, AguaClara Honduras Project, Cornell University;
* Dr. John Weiss, Associate Professor, History, Rwanda Service-Learning Project, Cornell University;
* Global Service-Learning Pedagogy, Program Models, Tools and Design;
* Global Service-Learning and Movement Building;
* Scholarship of Engagement;
* Risk Management and Liability;
Various workshops session on different program models
For more information, please contact New York Campus Compact at email@example.com or 607-255-2366.
The Institute is sponsored by the Cornell Public Service Center, New York Campus Compact, Cornell Center for Teaching Excellence and Cornell Study Abroad
More in "National Conferences & Calls for Proposal"
- Call for Proposals: 2023 Transforming STEM Higher Education Conference – Aug 15
- Virtual Youth Summit: Empowering Sustainable Change Through Youth Leadership – Jun 23-24
- Call for Proposals: 2023 Imagining America National Gathering, Radical Reckoning: Invoking the Elements for Collective Change – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.