Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher, Belmont Charter Network
Posted by Belmont Charter Network on January 24, 2023
What makes us unique? Belmont Charter Network equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed wherever their talents, diligence, and heart take them. Serving as a network of community schools, we strive to ensure that each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful!
Are you ready to create an impact and celebrate your students’ successes? If you are interested in showing what is POSSIBLE, apply today!
At Belmont Academy Charter School, we offer Head Start, PreK and Kindergarten programs. Here, play is at the heart of the curriculum where learning is self-directed and teacher supported where students can independently and creatively learn.
We are seeking a motivated, energetic and caring individual to work in our infant-toddler classrooms. The assistant teacher will support our lead and assistant teachers in meeting the physical, social-emotional and cognitive needs of our infants and toddlers (ages 0-3).
- Create and support a positive, safe and nurturing environment
- Respond quickly and effectively to children’s needs
- Work with lead and assistant teachers to support basic needs of children, including but not limited to:
- Diaper changes/toileting needs
- Meal time (bottle feeds, meal prep & clean-up, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to play with children both indoors and outdoors
- Review and carry out health plans as needed for dietary needs, allergies, etc.
- Document daily activities
- Consistent communication with teachers and parents to ensure consistent, high quality care
SPECIAL NOTE: This is currently a part-time position for for a full-time position which would entail working with the infant-toddler classrooms and PreK/Kindergarten after school groups.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.