Inaugural Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
Posted by Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal on December 12, 2016
We hope you are excited for the Inaugural Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
Happening on January 26th, 2017
5:30 – 10:00PM
The Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal Awards will be a night to celebrate Philadelphia’s regional visionaries and how they are changing the social landscape in Greater Philadelphia. It is an opportunity for the Philadelphia region’s social sector movers and shakers to come together to honor the progress that has been collectively made and initiatives that served as catalysts spurring further social innovation and impact in Greater Philadelphia. The Social Innovations Journal will honor the region’s most passionate and accomplished social innovators and entrepreneurs and the work that they are doing to make Greater Philadelphia a more inclusive, equitable and thriving region of opportunity for all of its residents. These awards will highlight the top innovators and organizations in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
In bringing recognition to these individuals and organizations, our hope is that these awards will:
- Promote a culture of bold thinking and problem-solving;
- Increase awareness and build a culture for social enterprise and entrepreneurship;
- Assist award nominees and winners in telling their stories and strengthening their initiatives;
- Build active participation from SIJ readers; and
- Support a growing community of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Tickets for the Event are Now On Sale!
We have a total of 250 tickets. There are two types of tickets:
1. Paid ($75/person), include the cocktail party, awards ceremony, and reception/party
2. Free, include the awards ceremony and reception/party
PLEASE NOTE you are ONLY GUARANTEED a seat for the Awards Ceremony and Reception/Party if you purchased a ticket.
Free tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and based upon any remaining available seats after all paid tickets are distributed.
Purchase Your Tickets Here
Each week you will have the opportunity to vote for your TOP social innovator in five categories.
December 5-11 (This Week)
- Community Development
- Human Rights
December 13-16 (Next Week)
- Peace (anti-violence)
- Social Mobility (anti-poverty)
- Arts and Culture
- Community and Behavioral Health
- Nutrition/Food Access
- Social Enterprise
- Civic Engagement
January 10-13 (Organizational Innovators)
- Higher Education
WE WANT TO THANK OUR PRESENTERS WHO WILL PRESENT THE AWARDS
This year’s theme is “Make New Friends, But Keep the Old,” symbolizing the shift in generational leadership AND a shift as both nonprofits and for-profits move toward social enterprise/impact. The theme symbolizes that the success of the social sector depends upon us embracing both traditional and innovative practices.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- NextGen Changemakers Event (2023: Youth Mentorship Expo – Oct 7
- Our Voice Our Future Mayoral Forum – Oct 26
- Education First Compact – The Education Mayor: A Reporters’ Roundtable – Oct 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.