In the Now Series (Virtual): Student (College) Success & Well-being – Aug 2-11
The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) is excited to launch the In the Now Series, a new opportunity for CUMU members to connect in a timely and responsive format to discuss critical, emerging issues and opportunities affecting our communities.
This summer’s series takes place August 1–12 and brings together CUMU members to learn about emerging strategies and approaches that can lead toward improved student success and well-being. Sessions include:
- Real opportunities to improve access to basic needs security for #RealCollege Students
Tuesday, August 2, 12–1 p.m. ET webinar presented by The Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice
- Homelessness and housing insecurity: Putting theory into practice
Thursday, August 4, 12–1 p.m. ET workshop presented by the Homelessness Research and Action Collaborative
- College student mental health and well-being: How institutions are addressing the growing crisis
Monday, August 8, 12–1 p.m. ET webinar presented by Mary Christie Institute
- Checked out and stressed out: A panel on student disengagement
Wednesday, August 10, 12–1 p.m. ET panel featuring University of North Carolina at Greensboro, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, and Duquesne University.
- Let’s unpack
Thursday, August 11, 12–1 p.m. ET debrief session presented by CUMU
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Event: Is college still worth it? – Dec 7
- Virtual CCPH Lunch & Learn Series: Qualitative Research 101 – Jan 10
- New Book and Webinar: Teaching Asian America in Elementary Classrooms – Dec 12 or 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.