Impact Coach, City Year
Posted by City Year Greater Philadelphia on August 22, 2016
Impact Coach, City Year
The Impact Coach is responsible for helping to implement and monitor City Year Philadelphia’s service, particularly Tier 1 and Tier 2 interventions grounded in instructional practices. The Impact Coach reports directly to the Learning Director and collaborates with multiple staff members of the Impact team to provide observation, training, and coaching support to in identifying student learning needs and provide them with the coaching and tools to drive academic gains, while also supporting broader site strategies for corps learning and development.
Observation and Coaching
- Supports high quality implementation of Whole School Whole Child services and improvement plans through implementation of the site plan for regular, effective observation and coaching of AmeriCorps members and their Whole School Whole Child practice.
- Conducts formal observations and formal coaching sessions with each assigned AmeriCorps 35 – 50 members) and indicators in order to identify successes and opportunities for improvement, and develop solutions to drive success.
- Collaborates with other staff members to lead the site’s cross – functional Site Instructional Leadership Team.
- Researches intervention strategies and resources to advance literacy and math tutoring competencies.
Student Progress Monitoring
- Uses student – level and other data, (e.g., academic assessment scores, course grades, behavior incidents, daily attendance) and collaborates with Impact Managers to monitor progress at the student level.
- Integrates student progress monitoring data with on for holistic AmeriCorps members coaching on how to adjust interventions / improve instructional practice.
- Supports Impact Managers in generating next steps from data analysis.
- Supports Impact Managers and Directors in their communication with school administration (e.g., articulating City program and approach, specific questions regarding instructional practice or results).
- Serves as subject matter or technical expert in performance results meetings with teachers and school leadership as requested.
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
- Programs Assistant (Full-Time), AFAHO – Jan 31
- Staff Representative, AFT PA – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.