IMPaCT Assistant Director, Penn Center for Community Health Workers
Posted by Penn Center for Community Health Workers on January 10, 2023
About the position: If you want to lead expansion and continued quality of a transformational healthcare program to improve health disparities in the Philadelphia region, this is the job for you! We have developed IMPaCT, a nationally-recognized, evidenced-based Community Health Worker (CHW) model that has served more than 15,000 people in Philadelphia. We are looking to hire a committed, collaborative individual to provide leadership and management for growth, support quality improvement to ensure we continue to provide the best care, and help shape population health programs within Philadelphia and Penn Medicine. This is a key leadership role in a fast-growing organization.
About the organization: Penn Center for Community Health Workers (chw.upenn.edu) is a national center of excellence focused on achieving health equity through effective, sustainable community health worker (CHW) programs. CHWs share life experience with the people they support and provide community-based social care, advocacy and navigation to those made disadvantaged due to race and socioeconomic position. In addition to our work in Philadelphia, we work with organizations across the country to help them launch and scale effective CHW programs and advise policymakers to shape local, state, and federal policies that impact the communities we serve and the CHW workforce. We are part of the University of Pennsylvania Health System, which provides competitive salaries and exceptional benefits, including an annual tuition benefit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee programmatic outcomes for patient care across our CHW programs and 30 CHWs to ensure quality goals and top CHW performance
- Represent the Center in major health system initiatives related to population health and social determinants of health
- Cultivate and evaluate opportunities for expansion in Philadelphia and Penn Medicine
- Supervise a Program Manager who leads a team of CHWs
- Supervise and coach 3 CHWs to provide excellent care
- Analyze data on a regular basis and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement performance improvement strategies and plans
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.