I Submitted My FAFSA…Now What?
Posted by Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable on March 19, 2018
“I Submitted My FAFSA…Now What?” will be the topic of the next PCPR monthly meeting. The meeting will be held on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at The School District of Philadelphia administration building, 400 N. Broad Street in room 1080 (9:00 am -11:00 am). Presenters will share best/promising practices for working with students and families after the FAFSA has been submitted. Highlighted topics include:
- Addressing challenges students face during the FAFSA verification process
- Obtaining parental information and increasing parental involvement
- Reading Award Letters
- Talking with applicants on affordability
- Using Comparison tools to determine affordability
- The College ScoreCard
- State and Federal Updates
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- FAFSA Completion Campaign Updates
Do you and/or your organization have best/promising practices feel free to share.
As always there will be time to make announcements for upcoming events and activities relevant to the college access and success community. If you have materials to pass along to colleagues please bring at lease 50 copies.
Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow yourself time to get through security and find the meeting room. On street metered parking is available parking lots around and near 400 N. Broad is available too. View these parking facilities at http://www.philapark.org/locator/. The building has easy access by using SEPTA – http://www.septa.org/.
Feel free to pass this meeting announcement along to colleagues. The announcement can also be found on PCPR LinkedIn (group), Facebook and Twitter pages.
RSVP your attendance at https://pcpr-march2018-meeting.eventbrite.com.
If you have any questions and/or concerns email email@example.com or email/text 484-843-1153.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Let’s Circle Up Restorative Justice Workshop – Feb 24-25
- Leaders and Legends Black History Month Exhibition 2023, Smith Playground
- Regional Industries and STEM Education Virtual Meeting – Feb 27
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.