Hunger Relief Volunteer Coordinator, Klein JCC
Posted by on June 03, 2013
There is a great job opening at Klein JCC’s RSVP. We are looking for a Hunger Relief Volunteer Coordinator. This is a full time position (40 hours per week), with benefits, paid vacation, holiday and sick time. Interested candidates should apply below.
Please contact: Bill England, Project Director
RSVP Philadelphia @ Raymond and Miriam Klein JCC
10100 Jamison Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19116
215-698-7300 Ext 191, email@example.com
Hunger Relief Volunteer Coordinator
RSVP Philadelphia, at the Klein JCC, has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate with an understanding about senior food insecurity in Philadelphia and experience in volunteer recruitment and management. Hunger is a growing problem in our community, with nearly 1 in 4 at risk of food insecurity. For older adults, the situation can be compounded by mobility and transportation issues. Our solution: Cook For a Friend and Grow For a Friend, two programs that include volunteers preparing nutritious meals, and tending to gardens from which produce is donated for use in our cooking. The Hunger Relief Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the “For-a-Friend” project that will engage more than 600 volunteers in assisting seniors to remain independent.
• Volunteer outreach, recruitment and planning for all three “For-a-Friend” projects (Cook, Grow and Fix), recruiting volunteers from the community,
organizations and corporations in the area;
• Expand the volunteer cooking groups in Center City, South Philadelphia, Germantown, West Philadelphia and other areas of the city;
• Work with partner organizations to expand home and community gardening and volunteers involved with home and community gardening;
• Oversee all volunteer functions for the Home Delivered Meal Program (familiarity good, not requisite);
• Oversee all volunteer functions related to food pantry partnerships including Feast of Justice, Mitzvah Food Project and other food pantries that partner with RSVP for volunteer recruitment;
• Work with Director of Community Services to implement creative strategies to increase awareness in the community about senior hunger, raise
necessary funds for program operations, and increase community collaboration
• Detailed description available upon request
We are seeking someone with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. This person should have substantial experience working with volunteers, preferably in a volunteer coordination position. Our ideal candidate will possess knowledge of food insecurity and its impact on the community. The candidate should have excellent written, public speaking and computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office. This person should have the ability to work independently. Access to a car and valid driver’s license required. There will be some evenings and weekends hours.
This position requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, perform work using the computer and telephone and other office tools. This position includes field work. Equal opportunity employer.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.