Hunger and Child Health Specialist, Public Citizens for Children and Youth
Posted by Public Citizens for Children and Youth on August 18, 2014
Hunger and Child Health Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Director of Health Policy
Child Health Care Responsibilities
• Initiate and assist with maintaining relationships with southeast Pennsylvania partner organizations that refer parents to PCCY to be interviewed about the health and financial impact of having a child ineligible for public health insurance.
• Schedule and conduct interviews with parents in English and Spanish languages.
• Supervise and assist interns to enter interview data into a database and analyze the data.
• Stay abreast of local and national data on the health and financial impact of being undocumented and uninsured on children, families and society.
• Write a report integrating the interview and research data.
• Expand and support the Health Policy Director’s convening of PCCY’s Insurance for Undocumented Children Coalition.
• Assist with devising and implementing a communications plan to raise public awareness about the initiative and the report’s release.
• Supervise students assisting with the initiative.
Hunger and Poverty Portfolio Responsibilities
• Complete and routinely update available Census, USDA, DPW and PDE data concerning child poverty, hunger/ food insecurity, and nutrition programs (including SNAP, school meals, summer meals, CACFP and others as needed)
• Participate in limited coalition work with other anti-hunger and school nutrition advocates
• Keep abreast of research on child poverty and hunger issues
• Work with up to three school districts annually to increase school breakfast participation
General Communications Responsibilities
• Work cooperatively with Communications Director to draw attention to child health, poverty and hunger issues
• Draft materials – power points, fact sheets, outreach materials, etc. as needed, for speaking events
• Develop relationships with press (print, radio, etc.)
• Assist with preparing social media posts
• Routinely add new contacts to PCCY Salsa database/e-alert list
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Proficient in Excel and strong data analysis skills
- Persuasive writer
- Master Degree or Juris Doctorate
- Five years work experience in child poverty, hunger and/or health care sectors and in advocacy
Commensurate with experience
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
- Adult Learning Lead Instructor, Project HOME
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.