Human Resources Coordinator
Posted by Equal Measure on September 21, 2021
Equal Measure’s diverse team reflects a broad range of academic, professional, and personal expertise and perspectives. We are a team of passionate, forward-thinking practitioners, committed to serving as thought partners for our clients in design, evaluation, capacity building, technical assistance, and communications services.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Equal Measure is deeply interested in and committed to diversity along racial, ethnic, and gender lines and we are actively seeking an individual who can offer broader perspectives to our organizational thinking and culture. Racial minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
The Human Resources Coordinator works closely with the Director of Talent and Operations to support the daily functions of human resources at Equal Measure. Primary responsibilities include benefits administration, payroll, regulatory compliance, personnel-related administrative tasks, and light recruiting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Benefits and Compliance
- Manages and administers employee benefits programs
- Serves as the go-to internal resource for benefits-related questions, changes, and updates
- Coordinates annual open enrollment broker and communicates open enrollment procedures to staff (e.g., via information sessions)
- Maintains employee savings plans with third party administrators (includes 403b, Roth, employer contributed pension savings plan, etc.)
- Maintains human resources policy and procedure documents, including handbooks, manuals, and updates for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations (with external HR consultant and/or legal counsel).
- Monitors national and state human resources trends to identify issues and new laws and regulations that may affect Equal Measure; provides recommendations to the Director of Talent and Operations on implementation.
- Ensures that all human resources materials, files, and documents comply with federal and state requirements and best practices.
- Manages all human resources aspects of annual/periodic audits (including workers compensation insurance audits, financial audits, etc. audit—providing auditors with personnel files, adequate documentation of procedures in place, and payroll records, among other requested items.
Payroll and General Administrative Support
- Develops and sends staff surveys, drafts and sends HR-related staff announcements, drafts position descriptions, and prepares PowerPoint presentations and HR data as needed.
- Regularly updates position descriptions as guided by Director of Talent and Operations
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and manage all employee changes and updates
- Tracks timesheets, leave, and vacation time using Equal Measure’s project management software with the ability to produce COVID related reports for federal COVID-related loan forgiveness and/or application for tax credits-all related to such legislation
Talent and Recruiting Support
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes (posts positions, organizes resumes/applications, acquires background checks, drafts offer letters, sends welcome email, gather required documents)
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.