How to Build a School Garden
Posted by Pennsylvania Horticultural Society on June 20, 2016
Learn what it takes to create a sustainable school garden. This program is designed for educators who want to bring environmental lessons into the classroom and inspire kids to get out into the garden. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A TEACHER TO ATTEND. Participants will help build an outdoor school garden. Plenty of hands-on activities, so come prepared to get dirty!.
This 12-hour/3-session course will cover:
• How to design, build and maintain a school garden year-round
• Relevant classroom activities
• Involving the community
• Working with administrators
• Using Trees as teaching tools
• Making your school more sustainable
• Best ways to get the kids outside enjoying nature!
When: June 28, 29 & 30, 2016
8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Where: Northeast High School
1601 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Fee: $50 Special pricing for City Year, VISTA, Americorps
To register: https://www.pennhort.net/greencityteachers
Want to know more about Green City Teachers?
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: Understanding Financial Aid Offers – Feb 1
- 31st Annual African American Children’s Book Fair – Feb 11
- Rutgers-Camden Black History Month Events – Feb 1,2,9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.