Host a Technology Intern
Posted by Tech Impact on October 3, 2016
ITWorks Technology Interns available this Fall!
Please consider hosting a young person from our ITWorks program as an intern at your organization.
ITWorks is Tech Impact’s free 16-week IT training and internship program for young adults ages 18 to 26. Through 11 weeks of classroom study and hands-on workshops, ITWorks students prepare for the industry-leading CompTIA A+ Certification. Through at least 5 weeks of internship, they build their resume and real-world skills.
Check out our Success Stories and read about a few ITWorks graduates working in the IT industry.
Why host an ITWorks intern?
- You can make this program a life-changing experience for our students.
- ITWorks Interns are an affordable way to give your organization extra capacity. They are immediately useful within your organization due to their extensive training, and they are fully supported by our team.
- This internship experience will change the student’s income potential for life by giving them valuable “on the job” experience.
- Watch this short video about the value of partnering with ITWorks. https://youtu.be/BxpBZWt1gq8
Interns are expected to work 9am-3pm, Monday through Thursday, for a minimum of 5 weeks. On Fridays, students will come back to the classroom to debrief on the week and be taught additional professional skills. Internships can be either paid or unpaid. Our paid internships average $10-12 an hour, for 24 hours a week.
Philadelphia: October 11-13 and October 18-20
Delaware: October 18-20 and October 25-27
Philadelphia: November 14-December 14
Delaware: November 21-December 21
To apply to host an intern, please click here or on the button below.
To learn more about ITWorks, please visit our website.
Email Grace Harpole at [email protected] with any questions.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers Needed: The 2024 National STEM Challenge Review Panel
- Volunteers Needed: Penn Graduate School of Education Tutoring Initiative
- Program Support Specialist Intern – Learn, Empower, Grow Consulting Group
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.