Hospitality Business Specialist, Philadelphia Academies
Posted by Philadelphia Academies on August 28, 2017
Philadelphia Academies INC: We’re different. We are not a school. As a nonprofit youth development provider, we use our 45+ years of programming expertise and implementation best practices to support the All Academy High School initiative with partner schools. And, as a member of the Philadelphia Council for College and Success, we are leading the city’s effort to scale up this effective model so that young people can benefit from the model within our city’s school.
Position: Hospitality Business Specialist
Reports To: Associate Director, The Business of Hospitality Academies
The Hospitality Business Specialist role focuses on supporting a wide range of college and career readiness programming for our partner schools, working with both students and teachers to ensure school participation while networking with the hospitality industry to provide opportunities. The Specialist will design and implement a variety of college and career activities and strategies for use with students and teachers in-school, after-school and summer programming.
- Identify colleges and internships that will prepare students for employment in the hospitality industry.
- Identify, plan, lead implementation of college, career events and activities at partner schools, including career days and college tours, Hospitality Education Day, PSPS Interview Skills Workshops and the Annual Interview Expo.
- Function as the direct point of contact for school staff, business partners, and PAI colleagues on all large-scale in school and out of school student events and activities.
- Secure business partners for Master Classes and coordinate events including space, transportation, food and materials.
- Manage event budgets, venue contracts, purchasing and coordinate with business and community partners, volunteers, and vendors.
- Collaborate with PAI school teams to ensure students events and activities are organized and executed.
- Collect graduation, attendance, employment, college acceptance, and certification data for annual reports.
- Organize needed supports and work collaboratively to ensure off-site visits/events and activities occur on time.
- Deliver resume and internship preparation workshops at partner schools, and work with PAI staff and school teams to assist in collecting all necessary paperwork
- Identify and support summer hospitality internships/programs, including supporting Friday professional development sessions.
- Coordinate day or overnight conference attendance by identifying students, chaperones, hotel, transportation and registration payments.
- Attend day or overnight conferences with students for personal development and knowledge of the Hospitality Industry.
- Facilitate evening and weekend events, overnight travel to conferences required.
- Community Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time), OCCCDA
- After School Literacy and Math Instructors, 21st Century Community Learning Center
- Bi-Lingual Family Ambassador (Chinese-Mandarin), OCCCDA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.