HIV Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice and Counseling Network
Posted by on May 07, 2012
Family Practice and Counseling Network / RHD, Inc.
JOB TITLE: HIV Nurse Practitioner (part time or full time)
• Master’s degree in Nursing
• Graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program
• Current RN and APN licenses from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• Current national board certification
• Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with the position
• Proficiency in basic computer skills.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• At least three (3) years prior experience serving HIV patients as a Nurse Practitioner
Upholds the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, cost-effective, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction; supports fiscal stability of the organization.
SETTING: Nurse-Managed Community Health Center serving low-income and vulnerable families.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Works with a multidisciplinary team to provide HIV primary care services to our HIV positive adults, including medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up
• Provides primary care services to patients of all ages (or adults if an adult NP), including medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up
• Collaborates with the HIV Care Coordinator in the administration of our HIV Primary Care program
• Proficient in the management of acute and chronic conditions, both simple and complex
• Practices using accepted evidence-based criteria and established clinical practice guidelines
• Consultation with collaborating physician and other members of the healthcare team when indicated
• Ability to work in a culturally competent capacity within a community-based setting with patients who are of varying economic, ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
• Possession of exemplary interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers
• Practice and behaviors reflect fiscal responsibility in appropriate balance with quality patient care
• Defined productivity standards are proactively worked towards and established goals met
• Demonstration of good time management skills and follow through
• Responsible behavior in regards to attendance, punctuality, and schedule coverage
• Attendance and participation in meetings, mandatory in-services, educational programs, and other activities in order to stay informed and current
• Maintenance of required amount of continuing education credits as defined by specific governing bodies associated with the position (managed care organization, national certification organizations, etc.)
• Knowledgeable and supportive of policies, procedures, and guidelines associated with practice setting
Mild to moderate physical effort. May be on feet long periods of time. Routine keyboarding demands.
Medical office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens. Potential for high levels of stress associated with population served and demands of job.
Primary Care Coordinator
This could be a full or part-time position. If you know anyone who is interested, please have them send a resume and cover letter to Emily Nichols ([email protected])
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
- Education Manager, Al-Bustan
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.