Higher Education Civic Engagement Awards
The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars, an independent nonprofit educational organization, invites nominations for the 2017 Higher Education Civic Engagement Award. The award will celebrate the power of partnerships by recognizing institutions demonstrating transformational civic leadership through strategic community partnerships.
In reviewing nominations, The Washington Center and the selection committee will consider the extent to which institutions are building strategic community partnerships that demonstrate the following:
1. Leadership and innovation in defining and addressing issues of public concern at any level from the local to the global;
2. Evidence of change that is systemic and sustainable;
3. Depth and breadth of institutional commitment.
The Washington Center has presented the Higher Education Civic Engagement Awards each year since 2009. Past awardees have reflected diverse institutional profiles.
Learn more about past recipients and how to nominate an institution here. The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 26th.
Five winners will receive one (1) full scholarship for a student to participate in The Washington Center’s Inside Washington 2018 academic seminar in January 2018.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Join a Spring Community of Practice – Feb 4
- Philly Tech Gateway: Free After School Program for 12th Grade Students – Jan 27
- Emerging Voices Fellowship, PEN America – Jan 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.