Higher Ed Track at NYLC Conference
Posted by on February 3, 2006
For the first time, the National Service-Learning Conference will feature a Higher Ed track. Co-sponsored by PHENND, this track has recently announced workshops on the following topics:
– service-learning and faculty development
– high school-college partnerships
– fourth-credit options
– developing a social justice minor
– service-learning program overview
– lessons learned from a 12 year service-learning course
– and many, many more
There will also be a panel presentation featuring the Presidents of three PHENND-member institutions: President James Harris of Widener University, President Constantine Papadakis of Drexel University, and President John Strassburger of Ursinus College.
And, there will be a Higher Ed Affinity Meeting co-sponosored by PHENND, PA Campus Compact, and Idealist on Campus.
We have posted a listing of all the conference workshops online at
http://www.nylc.org/conference under Happenings, Workshops & Featured Forums. Please check this listing to verify the time, date, and location of your workshop. There is an alphabetical index of primary presenters at the end of the document.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Fall PHENND Meeting: Sustainability – Sep 30
- Recording and Slide Decks: K-16 Partnerships June Institute: Education as Community-Building
- Philly STEM Education for Sustainability: Year-Long Paid Fellowship for Phila. H. S. Teachers – Jun 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.