Here’s My Chance: Associate Creative Director
Posted by Here's My Chance on February 9, 2015
Associate Creative Director
Here’s My Chance
Application Link – http://smrtr.co/18ICXCv
Who we are: At Here’s My Chance, we believe that great design can save the world. That is why we work with values-based nonprofits and businesses that are improving their communities, society, and more. We are an award-winning branding and design agency specializing in visual identity creation, graphic and digital design, data visualization, and campaign branding. Some of our favorite clients include the Smithsonian, Valley Youth House, and the City of Philadelphia.
What we do: We love solving problems with creative solutions. To that end, we develop provocative and intelligent videos, infographics, websites, apps, print media, data visualizations, organizational and campaign branding, digital assets, and more with a goal of empowering clients and building communities.
Who you are: Do you have a creative spark and the ability to create that perfect piece to communicate any idea? Do you have the ability to meet with clients, engage them with our design philosophy, and develop amazing relationships? Are you a confident presenter in pitches and love speaking in front of large crowds? Do you have experience managing a team of designers from all walks of life?
Here’s My Chance might have a position for you! We’re on the hunt for a resourceful and independent Associate Creative Director who’s able to take direction (and create their own) and run with it. If you’re a conceptual thinker, problem solver, and out-of-the-box thinker who loves delivering unbeatable end products through design, then it’s time to apply! Let’s Design for Good!
What you’ll do: The Associate Creative Director will report directly to the Creative Director and work alongside the Business Development, Accounts, and Engagement teams, as well as oversee our trusted pool of designers and developers. The successful candidate will be responsible for working directly on campaigns and design work, managing the creative process to deliver design solutions from concept to final deliverables themselves, or with the Creative Team (across web, interactive, and print). You will also attend and participate in visual design and pitch presentations to clients (sometimes with short notice), develop detailed design specs for production, and manage/evaluate/recruit design team members.
About You: What type of person is HMC looking for?
· Smart, talented, and creative. You’re passionate about doing great design, keep up with new developments/trends in the field, and have incredibly high standards.
· Solid understanding of multiple design disciplines including website functionality, infographics, video, photography, digital and print
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excited by collaboration, but also confident working independently
· Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects
· Strong communication skills
· Strong presentation/pitching skills
· Strong conceptual thinking
· Happy to attend creative/design events and represent HMC
· Experience managing a team of designers/freelancers/interns
· Interested in advancing social good causes
Qualifications: What does it take to do this job?
· 4-year degree and 3+ years of design experience
· Agency experience (Digital, Ad, Creative, etc.)
· Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience preparing and packaging files for printers, web developers, and clients
· Experience presenting in pitches and in front of large crowds
· Strong leadership skills
· Experience managing a team of designers
· HTML/XHTML and CSS skills a plus
· WordPress (and other CMS platforms) experience and knowledge a plus
· Strong writing and video skills a plus
Now What?: Check out http://www.heresmychance.com and make sure your values and work aligns with ours. Email us with a cover letter, portfolio and cv/resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and also apply via this link – http://smrtr.co/16dFF0R. Applications need to be received by Friday 20th February. Interviews will be held from Monday 16th February until Friday 27th February.
- Enrollment and Partnerships Manager, Let’s Get Ready
- Communications Manager, National Constitution Center
- Digital Media Specialist, National Constitution Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.