Help Philadelphia recover from COVID-19: Apply to join the AmeriCorps Philadelphia COVID Response Corps – Oct 23
The Mayor’s Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service is excited to announce a new AmeriCorps opportunity in Philadelphia. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) and National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC), pending funding from PennServe, have joined forces to offer a paid service year opportunity to anyone looking to help reduce the impact of COVID-19 in our Philadelphia community through contact tracing, isolation and quarantine efforts.
AmeriCorps members will gain a unique experience in pandemic response efforts by participating in rotational service modules throughout their year including:
- Contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine support with PDPH or Public Health Management Corporation
- Service at a local health center
- Food access support at the Share Food program
This is a great opportunity for anyone 17 or older looking for a paid gap year position at this time. Deadline for applying: October 23, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Learn more about the AmeriCorps Philadelpia COVID-19 Response Corps and apply: https://www.phila.gov/2020-09-23-help-philadelphia-recover-from-covid-19-apply-to-join-the-cccc-philadelphia-covid-response-corps-commonwealth-civilian-coronavirus-corps/?mc_cid=cf4513e20a&mc_eid=1e9ebdcee0
- Food Policy Advisory Council (FPAC) Manager , Phila. Office of Sustainability
- Program Manager for Infrastructure and Floodplain Resilience, Phila. Office of Sustainability
- Program Strategist for Place-Based Initiatives, Phila. Office of Sustainability
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.