Guide to Service-Learning Colleges and Universities, 2008-2009 Edition
Posted by on July 28, 2008
Announcing the Guide to Service-Learning Colleges and Universities, 2008-2009 Edition – Available September 2008!
Kendall/Hunt Professional and Student Horizons, Inc. announce the 2008-2009 edition of the Guide to Service-Learning Colleges and Universities, which is scheduled for nationwide distribution early September, 2008.
The Guide to Service-Learning Colleges and Universities is a unique college guide that will provide a one-stop resource for the college-bound community to research schools who excel in offering experiential learning opportunities. It will also educate high school counselors and administrators of America’s community-based organizations.
More than a third of colleges and universities in the United States offer service-learning courses as part of their curriculum. This Guide will profile some of the most engaged institutions. Research studies link service-learning with better academic outcomes, student retention, career exploration, and the development of skills related to social and civic responsibility.
The Guide will serve as a tool for students, parents, and high-school counselors to learn of educational options that may be a right fit.
Students, parents and counselors will find valuable information and insights as to why service-learning is significant to a well-rounded undergraduate experience from leaders in the field, including:
* Introductory material mapping the landscape of service-learning in the United States from the National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
* Feature interview with Amy Cohen, Director of Learn and Serve America and the Corporation for National and Community Service
* Vibrant articles and photos about service-learning experiences from students, professors and leading community-based organizations
* More than 150 college and university profiles featuring institutions excelling in service-learning opportunities
Visit us online at http://www.beyondthebooks.org to learn more about the initiative. The guidebook will be available for purchase at http://www.kendallhunt.com/servicelearning, and can also be ordered at http://www.amazon.com/.
More in "New Resources"
- School District of Phila.: Biennial Report 2019-2021
- Knight Diversity of Asset Managers Research Series: Philantropy
- New Certificate Program: Clinical Responsibility in Racial Equity and Cultural Inclusivity, Bryn Mawr – Nov 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.