Guest Educator (Substitute teacher), Full-time or Part-Time – Enriched Schools
Posted by Enriched Schools on August 13, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
What is Enriched Schools? Enriched is an educational talent hub that connects great people to great schools.
What types of positions do you have available? Positions include substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, interventionists, enrichment teachers, full-time teachers and more.
Are the positions full-time or part-time? Both. Our guest educators are matched to roles that fit their interests, skillset and schedule, including part-time, flexible and permanent positions. The amount of work varies based upon guest educators’ preferences.
What are the qualifications?
- Teaching or youth experience, urban school setting preferred
- Demonstrated success raising student achievement required
- Proven leadership accomplishments in creative and/or professional settings
- Belief that all children deserve a quality education and can achieve at the highest levels
- Bachelor’s Degree for lead teacher roles
- Associates degree or at least 60 college credits for support roles
What qualities are you looking for in a Guest Educator? We look for those with F.I.R.E.
- Flexible and adaptable: you improvise and are up for anything, including quickly adjusting plans on the fly and jumping right in to help the team
- Influence and motivate others: you have excellent classroom management and quickly build strong, authentic rapport with students
- Reliably professional: you are early, have a positive attitude and represent yourself and Enriched with the highest levels integrity
- Execute with excellence: you are an effective teacher that can deliver a lesson plan, whether yours or a pre-existing one, with strong pacing and urgency, differentiation and high levels of student engagement
- Pay is competitive and ranges from $15 – $18 per hour based upon experience and specific role description. Guest educators can earn up to $144 per day. Full time roles are salaried based on school’s pay scale and determination.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, attract, select, retain, develop and reward a diverse and talented team. We encourage leaders of all backgrounds to apply for this position. Enriched Schools does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.