Group Supervisor (Part-Time), Licensed Child Care Center
Posted by Launch Philadelphia on June 1, 2021
The Group Supervisor of the Licensed Child Center is a part-time exempt off-site position of Launch of Philadelphia. The Group Supervisor will work under the supervision of the Site Director.
- Conduct academic enrichment, homework assistants, resiliency and recreational zone activities under the direction of the Site Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curriculum and structured activities with emphasis on the 21st Learning Skills.
- Insure Site Director with recruitment and enrollment of students.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring of program and school attendance.
- Identify and order materials.
- Help identify and order age appropriate lessons and appropriate lessons and activities for the school component.
- Provide assistance in overseeing the instructional and academic enrichment duties of group leaders, mentors, tutors, and volunteers.
- Evaluate academic achievement and progress to determine progress.
- Maintain a current record of hours of direct academic enhancement services per student.
- Discuss students’ progress with parent/guardian.
- Collaborate with students’ day teacher to monitor and support academic achievement.
- Collaborate with students’ day teacher to monitor and behavior and cooperation.
- Maintain an open door policy to promote parental involvement via quarterly open house meetings.
- Assist Site Director in conducting staff orientation, meetings, and professional development.
- Submit all reports to Site coordinator and OST Director.
- Any additional requirements as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Communities In School of Philadelphia , Inc., Policies and Procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Related BA degree in Education or none related degree with 30 ECE credits on Transcript
- 2 years’ experience in a childcare facility
- FBI Clearance
- PA State Background Check
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Mandating Reporting, New Member Orientation of School age, Health & Safety, Fire Safety
- Health Assessment & TB Test
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Communities In Schools of Philadelphia, Inc., will make reasonable accommodations to enable, individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Interested? Contact Mrs. Gina Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Educator, Women Against Abuse
- Programs Assistant (Part-Time), PACDC
- Guest and Protection Services Associate (Part-time), Barnes Foundation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.