Group Aide, Sunrise of Philadelphia
Posted by Sunrise of Philadelphia on October 3, 2016
The Group Aide is responsible for providing support to students with special needs and assisting Lead Teacher to achieve program objectives in order to ensure high quality program operations, while also building strong relationships with participating youth, teachers, and partners.
1. Work closely with Lead Teacher to make accommodations and prepare materials for activities so students may participate to their fullest potential.
2. Providing individualized attention to students to support their participation in program activities
3. Maintaining a positive class environment and smooth transitions, while providing personal support to students
4. Promote inclusion and participation with peers
5. Foster a strong community and positive climate during program operations.
6. Monitor and support the safety and security of all students, respond to special situations when necessary
7. Monitor and support respectful use of space
8. Support program logistics (Snack distribution etc. as needed and delegated)
9. Attend meetings and trainings as required
10. Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors, volunteers, clients, students, parents, and monitors. Greet and monitor participants during program and dismissal times.
11. Serve as a positive representative of Sunrise with students, school staff, and administrators, as well as other partners.
12. Physically assisting students with tasks (ex. eating, using the bathroom and moving from one classroom to another), providing instructional assistance based on student needs.
13. Other duties as assigned and needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
Experience working in a community setting, experience working with youth with special needs strongly preferred.
Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
Positive communication skills.
Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families.
Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Friendly, courteous manner.
Commitment to on-going growth and professional development
Sunrise is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AT WILL EMPLOYER
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Laura Johnson, ljohnson@sunriseof phila.org.
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.