Grassroots Development Intern, New Sanctuary Movement
Posted by on September 23, 2013
New Sanctuary Movement is Hiring a Grassroots Development Intern
New Sanctuary Movement of Philadelphia (NSM) is an interfaith, multi-cultural immigrant rights organization working to build alliances across ethnicity, faith and class in order to give voice to immigration injustices and enact policies that reflect values of hospitality, justice and dignity.
We are currently working on two campaigns to build a more welcoming and just city and country: to stop the collaboration between the Philadelphia Police Department and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and for a humane and just immigration reform. You can find out more about us at http://www.sanctuaryphiladelphia.org.
We are hiring a Part-Time Grassroots Development Intern to join our dynamic and upbeat team working to build a faith-based grassroots movement for immigrant rights. The Grassroots Development Intern will help implement NSM’s fundraising strategy in order to support and build NSM’s critical immigrant justice work. The grassroots development strategy will integrate fundraising strategy with our political organizing goals to create a sustainable and independent financial stream.
The Grassroots Development Intern will work 12 – 20 hours weekly. The position is unpaid.
• Work with Director to implement grassroots fundraising strategy
• Implement and support Sustainer Campaign
• Maintain database of donors
• Write appeals and online fundraisers
• Support the implementation of NSM’s communications, including electronic and paper newsletters and social media
• Research new grants
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Passionate about social justice and immigrant rights
• Highly motivated and independent worker
• Desire to learn, grow and be challenged
• Computer skills including internet and social media like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and website
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work as part of team in a growing organization
• Comfortable in the language and life of faith, openness to a variety of religious experiences and aware of one’s own faith journey
• Working knowledge of Spanish
• Bi-cultural and/or immigrant background
• Understanding of direct action organizing
Please send cover letter, resume and two references to [email protected] and call 215-279-7060 with any questions.
New Sanctuary Movement of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers needed, Philly Reading Coaches
- Requesting Participants: Workforce & Internship Opportunities Fair – Dec 6
- Recruiting STEM Volunteers: Philadelphia Afterschool STEM Exploration (PASE)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.