Grants Assistant, Pew Center for Arts & Heritage
Posted by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage on January 24, 2023
The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage (the Center) is a multidisciplinary grantmaker and hub for knowledge-sharing, dedicated to fostering a vibrant cultural community in Greater Philadelphia. The Center invests in ambitious, imaginative projects that showcase the region’s cultural vitality and enhance public life, and we engage in an ongoing exchange of ideas concerning artistic and interpretive practice with a broad network of cultural practitioners and leaders. The Center is funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts and administered by The University of the Arts, Philadelphia.
The Center is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We employ a staff of talented, motivated individuals with experience and interest in the nonprofit and/or arts and culture sectors.
This a full-time position reporting to the Center’s Grants Manager and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and works with Program staff to help support the grantmaking processes of the Center. The Grants Assistant facilitates the work of the Center’s Grants Manager (GM) by providing logistical support for awarded grants to—
- provide accurate day-to-day support of grants administrative operations for approximately 75 concurrent open grants, including preparation and processing of contracts and reports, tracking compliance and grant status, and stewarding requests to resolution.
- deliver technical support in response to grantee inquires, careful analysis and reconciliation of Center-funded project expenses and metrics to ensure that payments, contracts, and reports are completed accurately and processed in a timely matter.
- maintain optimized workflows for grants administrative processes to support evolving needs across the Center.
- communicate with grantees, consultants, and other Center staff, while upholding the standards for a professional, responsive, and problem-solving oriented grant management process.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.