Grants and Communications Manager, Lutheran Settlement House
Posted by Lutheran Settlement House on June 14, 2022
Lutheran Settlement House (LSH) is a non-profit, community-based organization committed to serving vulnerable children, adults, and families living in Philadelphia. Our core mission is to empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency through an integrated program of social, educational, and advocacy services.
Scope of the position:
Under the supervision of the Director of Development and Communications, the Grants and Communications Manager will assist with grant and contract preparation, submission, tracking and reporting for government, corporate, and foundation funders. The Grants and Communications Manager will also manage all aspects of the organization’s social media content, and will help with writing the quarterly newsletter. The Grants and Communications Manager will be a key member of the Development team and work collaboratively with Program Directors and staff to develop funding proposals, and to create and post across LSH’s social media platforms. The position is 40 hours a week.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the work of Lutheran Settlement House and its mission and programs;
- Prepare letters of intent, grant proposals, narrative sections of government funding applications, funder reports, grant acknowledgements, and supporting documents;
- Work with department managers and fiscal department to compile program budgets and data for proposals and grant reports;
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials;
- Update/maintain online grants submission and reporting calendar;
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals;
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants;
- Manage the agency’s social media accounts;
- Work with program staff to create and share compelling social media posts;
- Work with Director of Development and Communications to create quarterly newsletter;
- Participate in regular Development Department team meetings, and support Development Department activities and initiatives as needed.
- Vice President, Data & Innovation, Steppingstone Scholars
- Grant Writer (Contracted), Phila. Youth Basketball – Oct 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Oct 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.