Grant Coordinator, YouthBuild Philadelphia
Posted by YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School on January 12, 2015
The Grant Coordinator is a full-time, year-round at YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School, an alternative 12th-Grade-only, diploma-granting high school for high-school dropouts ages 18 to 21.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School is a 12th-Grade-only charter school for young adults between the ages of 18 and 21 who have dropped out of high school. Programmatically, the School spans two years. During the first year, approximately 220 students alternate between six-week sessions of academic instruction and one of an array of vocational-training programs which include building trades, business administration, child development and healthcare. The students earn a competency-based high-school diploma, work toward a certification in their chosen vocational area, and serve as part-time AmeriCorps Members. In the second year, the new graduates receive organizational support as they pursue their postsecondary goals.
Our mission is to provide out of school youth in Philadelphia with the broadest range of tools supports and opportunities available to become self sufficient, responsible and productive citizens in their community. The emphasis is on transitioning them successfully so that they will succeed in top-quality training schools, colleges, union apprenticeship programs, other careers and the competitive world beyond.
* Excellence * Perseverance * Respect *
YouthBuild Philadelphia relies on grant-funding to support the majority of our program services to students. The primary responsibility of the Grant Coordinator is to manage all of the aspects of one of our funding sources. Regular hours for this position are from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
The specific responsibilities and duties of the Grant Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review the budget items submitted with our grant application and match them up with YouthBuild Philadelphia’s accounting categories;
- Work with YouthBuild Philadelphia’s programmatic staff to ensure adherence to the rules and regulations governing the grant-funding;
- Review the spending attributed to the grant to ensure compliance with grant guidelines and restrictions;
- Collect, review, and submit supporting documentation to substantiate invoices for reimbursement by the funder;
- Collect, input and manage student-related data in MIS database system;
- Organize and prepare data and files required for funder-audits;
- Prepare periodic data, financial and narrative reports to the grant-funder, as required;
- Act as the primary liaison for the school with the grant-funder
- Regularly review YouthBuild Philadelphia policies and procedures to ensure program compliance, consistency and equity;
- Manage special programming for specific grant-funded students, which includes coordinating incentives, tracking academic progress, and collecting postsecondary-placement information;
- Attend grant-related trainings and meetings, as required;
- Conduct grant-related trainings for staff to ensure compliance;
- Participate in the School’s Mentoring Program;
- Participate in community service projects in keeping with service ethic of the school;
- Continue to develop skills through trainings and professional development offered at the school and outside.
- National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship
- Adult Education Associate, AFAHO – Feb 28
- Executive Director, Joseph’s House of Camden
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.