Government Relations Manager, Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Government Relations Manager to oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of all government relations activities; and to work with the Executive Director and the rest of the SBN team to bring the organization into its next growth phase.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic self-starter and organizer, with an aptitude for recognizing opportunities and translating ideas into action; is skilled at cultivating strong, long-term relationships; has a knack for synthesizing information to focus on the essence of an issue; communicates effectively in a variety of forums with diverse stakeholders in government and the business community; is measured and remains diplomatic when met with conflict; and embraces responsibility and maintains ownership and accountability of his/her/their work. Our ideal candidate also has strong analytical and writing skills, as well as creative problem-solving abilities; and has a propensity for data and research.
The person in this position is part of the management team, and as such, is a thought partner on key strategic and organizational decisions.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration and cooperation with other SBN staff, the Government Relations Manager will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
- Serve as a strategic leader, overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of all government relations-related activities
- Review and revise SBN’s strategy for proactive and responsive advocacy activities
- Build and maintain positive relationships with elected and non-elected decision-makers in the city and region
- Engage and organize members and other stakeholders on issues that impact the growth of a just, green, and thriving economy in the region
- Facilitate dialogue between members and decision-makers via the Entrepreneurs’ Roundtables and other forums
- Represent SBN on relevant external committees, advisory groups, and the like
- Track relevant research and reports, best practices, public policy, and government funding; synthesize to identify trends and potential opportunities and challenges
- Prepare written materials, such as white papers, for external use; work with communications team to strategize distribution
- Maintain compliance with all applicable lobbying and ethics laws
- Maintain department budget
- Assistant Director for Local Service and Community Engagement, Villanova Univ. – Nov 1
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.