Girl Code program
Know a tween or teen girl interested in learning how to make your own website, app or video game? New to digital technology and want to learn how to navigate what you can create and develop? Please join us for a new technology program, Girl Code hosted by CADCOM at Universal Copy and Print in Norristown, PA and supported by partners from Best Buy, T-Mobile, Accenture Inc. and TechGirlz .
What we’ll cover:
• You Can Code!: Are you just beginning to code or want to start but are afraid it will be too challenging? Well, we encourage you to get out there and dive right in because ‘YOU Can Code!”
• Makey Makey: Code a simple game using Scratch and create a game controller using Makey Makey kits.
• Designing Mobile Apps: Students will work in teams to design a mobile app. They will select an app idea, develop a prototype, and present their final product to the class.
• Intro to creating your Own Website with WordPress: In this workshop, students will create their own website using WordPress.
• Creating a Mobile App/Game with Touch Develop Students will Learn how to develop apps for mobile devices using Microsoft’s free TouchDevelop development platform! TouchDevelop can be used to create apps and games on Windows Phone, Surface, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones, Android Tablets, as well as desktop or laptop PCs.
Who should apply?: Girls 12 to 18 who would like to learn more about technology.
Course Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6PM to 8PM six (6) weeks beginning on for November 7, 2017
APPLICATIONS DUE NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 30, 2017. SUBMIT TO: hlewis@CADCOM.org. Confirmation of acceptance will be sent via email and/or phone call no later than November, 3, 2017.
All programs and topics covered powered by TechGirlz. TechGirlz product, TechShopz in a Box, allows companies, groups, individuals to be powered by TechGirlz methodology, operations and materials. TechShopz have a 92% approval rating from the girls and 80% of them have changed their minds positively about a career in tech after attending a TechShop.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- COLLEGE ACCESS & SUCCESS ECOSYSTEM (CASE): The Next CASE Convening – Mar 6
- Save the Date & Call for Proposals – Transforming Student Support: Exploring Best Practices in Collegiate Recovery Conference – Apr 5
- COVID Learning Loss as Measured in the PISA: Which Countries Fared Best and Which Fared Worst? – Apr 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.