Gateway to College Program in Montgomery County
Posted by Montgomery County on October 27, 2014
FREE Gateway to College Program
at Montgomery County Community College
The Youth Empowerment Program is offering a FREE program at Montgomery County Community College to eligible youth called Gateway to College. This program assists Montgomery County youth, ages 16 to 21, who have dropped out of high school and wish to enter the emerging workforce and achieve their future goals. The program helps youth to secure better paying jobs, advance their careers, earn better wages, build life skills and gain self-sufficiency.
Eligible youth will enroll in one of the Montgomery County College Community College certificate programs in health science or manufacturing technology. Additionally, eligible youth will earn their Commonwealth diploma and career certification, work in summer internships, and receive holistic student support and assistance with career placement.
Program Eligibility Criteria
• Be 16 -21 years of age
• Have dropped out of high school at least 6 months prior
• Have at least an 8th grade reading level
• Have demonstrated readiness for reengagement
• Diploma – Complete 30 college credit hours to earn a Commonwealth Diploma
• Employment – Enter career pathways and earn employment credentials
• Post-Secondary – Complete 30 credit hours that will stack to an associate degree
• Job Placement – Find employment upon completion with assistance from the program staff
The program is offered at both the Blue Bell and Pottstown campuses. The campuses are conveniently located near public transportation. Call Terece Gamella at 610-278-5933 to schedule an appointment or attend an orientation session.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Blue Bell Campus TTY:215.619.7415 –Pottstown Campus TTY:610-718-1853
Terece Gamella, Program Manager
1430 DeKalb Street, Suite 1142
Norristown, PA 19401
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: Understanding Financial Aid Offers – Feb 1
- 31st Annual African American Children’s Book Fair – Feb 11
- Rutgers-Camden Black History Month Events – Feb 1,2,9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.