Freedom Summer 2022 Junior Servant Leaders
Posted by The Center for Black Educator Development on June 21, 2022
We are looking forward to beginning Freedom Summer 2022 with our Junior Servant Leaders (JSL) this year.
We will be reading Quality Education As A Constitutional Right and exploring how we can achieve educational justice among our communities.
We’re looking to hire dynamic rising sophomores, juniors and seniors in high school with a deep desire to drive social change through a career in education. Paid training and coaching included. Virtual and in-person opportunities are available (Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ).
We seek JSL candidates who:
- are residents within the city of Philadelphia or Camden for all in-person roles. Virtual JSLs can live anywhere nationally as long as they are prepared to report to work during program hours on Eastern standard time.
- are available for the entirety of the program during both the one-week (virtual) training in June and the five-week program from Wednesday, July 6- Friday, August 5, 2022 from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- are from diverse backgrounds, with a particular interest in those whose experiences match those of the children we serve in Philadelphia/Camden communities.
- are open to exploring career paths in the field of education, even if they are not certain which path they will pursue after high school.
- have some experience in service and leadership (preferred) or, if inexperienced, are open to a role centered in servant leadership.
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.