Free Virtual Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8
Posted by TechGirlz on January 12, 2021
TechGirlz is a nonprofit program of Creating IT Futures, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of CompTIA, that inspires middle school girls to explore the possibilities of technology to empower their future careers. TechGirlz is accomplishing its mission through the creation of free, fun, interactive “TechShopz” led by industry professionals, community leaders, and students. Our vision is to create a world where girls have a lifelong passion and confidence in their use of technology throughout their careers.
Some of the upcoming workshops include:
- Think Like a Digital Designer: Unplugged, January 12, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Learn the design thinking behind the cool features of your favorite apps
- Make a Website Using WordPress, January 14, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Build your own website without code
- Web Concepts, January 15, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Learn how websites work, are built, and how to become a web developer
- Using Computer Simulations to Help Solve Complex Problems, January 17, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Stop the spread of an epidemic using a computer simulated model
- Cybersecurity Basics: How to Manage Cyber Risks, January 19, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Be a cyber investigator and defend against hackers by finding security risks
- Make a Website Using HTML/CSS, January 19, 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm – Don’t just look at websites, build them!
- Internet Safety: How to Stay Safe Online, January 21, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Educate yourself in the digital version of self-defense
- Computer Programming with C++, January 23, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Go on a Programmer Scavenger hunt
More in "Miscellaneous"
- What’s Your Tree Story Photo Challenge – May 15
- Upcoming Communities of Practice – May 20
- Webinar: The Location Advantage: Using Maps to Make Data-Driven Decisions for Your Nonprofit – May 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.